blog > Deckbound Heroes RCP @ PAX West 2016
Posted Fri Sep 02 2016 19:34:46
** NOTE: Due to technical difficulties in the PAX West BYOC, we'll now be running this tournament online as part of the open beta launch. Details will be sent out to you if you signed up at deckbound.com/pax**
We're running an RCP event at PAX West this weekend. If you're on the PAX West BYOC you can sign up and play at http://www.deckbound.com/pax!
Once signed up you can join games at http://pax.rcp.deckbound.com.
Also watch out for bonus beta pack codes in the BYOC area -- you should have one on your desk. If not look out for someone wearing a Deckbound Tournament Staff shirt and they can sort you out.
For support and discussion check out our Discord channel on the official PAX server.
Full tournament details:
- PAX West BYOC ticket holders can compete in a Deckbound Heroes tournament.
- Competitors should sign up at http://www.deckbound.com/pax.
- Ranked play starts Friday afternoon and finishes at 10am on Monday.
- Players must play and win at least 1 ranked game in order to be ranked.
- At 10am on Monday, the top ranked players will be invited to a double elimination final bracket.
- Normal ranked games (Friday afternoon – Monday 10am) will be played from competitors own computers in the BYOC area or from our tournament room in the Sheraton (level 2, behind the escalators).
- Final bracket games will be played from our tournament room, starting at midday.
- All top ranked players should report to the tournament room by 11.30am.
- The prize pool will be split between the top 3 players of the final bracket: 1st place will receive $1250, 2nd will receive $500 and and 3rd place $250.
- Competitor ranks are visible from the game launcher once a competitor has completed and won at least 1 ranked game.
- Ranked games will be monitored for drop-outs. Repeatedly dropping out of ranked games will affect competitor ranks.
- No download is required, competitors can join and start games from a web browser (Chrome or Firefox recommended).
- All competitors have the same demo collection to build decks from.
- Competitors must finalise their competition deck by 10am Monday morning. No changes will be permitted after ranked play closes at 10am Monday morning. Competition decks must be named "pax_rcp".
- All competitors will receive free Deckbound card packs during the launch of the beta (late September), as well as Deckbound RCP-exclusive art backs.
Comments are powered by our forum site, meta.deckbound.com
News & updates
Sign up to the newsletter to stay up to date with Deckbound news.