blog > Deckbound Heroes - open beta release notes - March 19th 2017
Posted Sun Mar 19 2017 11:38:45
We've pushed out a variety of changes and fixes to the Deckbound Heroes game client and the Game and Collection Manager. Full release notes are below. Highlights include explorer-based pack opening and a points cost filter in the deck builder.
If you're running the game from Steam it'll be updated automatically, if not you can download the latest version from the Launcher page of the GCM.
You can view your cards on the genesis map when you open packs
In addition to ongoing content and feature development, we're currently working on the sequencing of effects in the game, additions to the deck builder, integration of Discord chat directly in the game client and adding information about ability types.
Deckbound Heroes - game client
Outpost popup panel
- (fixed) show full description of active ability, including power (e.g. "Direct damage 4")
- (added) show all passive descriptions (requires scrolling to seem them, applies on Kraetan’s Refuge)
- (added) health shown with current and max values, e.g. 4 (5)
- (added) durability shown as current and max values, e.g. 35 (50)
- (added) list durability state thresholds, e.g. "Distressed at X", "Critical at Y"
- (fixed) moved outpost burnout panel to bottom to not obscure outposts
- (fixed) hover state for ability descriptions should show full text not truncated, overlapping edge of panel (hide when popup)
- (changed) make opponent ability panel smaller so that it doesn't obscure game elements
- (changed) show opponent ability panel open at start of game
- (changed) remove cast count (temporary, wasn't populated)
- (changed) increased size of opponent hitbox
- (changed) replaced placeholder outpost VFX in Kraetan’s Refuge
- (fixed) music not playing in Dulfaet’s Landing
Main (game) menu
- (changed) added descriptive text and button
- (changed) button to appearance of a button and text "Start Game & Collection Manager"
- (changed) bottom button to "Connect to existing game" with descriptive text
Abilities in demo set
- (fixed) minor fixes for points and descriptions, reworked 1 broken demo ability
Game & Collection Manager
- (new feature) explorer-based pack opening now available
- (new feature) deck builder allows filtering abilities by points cost and text
- (added) deck builder provides feedback for empty decks and unselected abilities
- (changed) card views consistent and deployed to deck builder, collection and explorer opening
- (changed) misc workflows for start games inside and outside of embedded launcher
- (fixed) show card views in Firefox and older versions of Chrome
- (changed) don't show user email on GCM page footer (is shown in profile > settings)
- (changed) misc cosmetic changes, including showing placeholder text on non-Hero card types
- (changed) hide login button when logging in, show error message when logging in by email without email address
Collections and users
- early access and block purchases added to GCM
- 2016 tour and tournament event packs added to GCM
Comments are powered by our forum site, meta.deckbound.com
News & updates
Sign up to the newsletter to stay up to date with Deckbound news.